FIELD SALES EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR
Live Judging Event
The National Sales Awards will be holding a live judging event for the Field Sales Executive of the Year category. This year, lucky finalists get two minutes to sell their pitch to our specialist judging panel, made up of high profile sales directors and a live audience of Britain’s top sales professionals from leading UK businesses.
A great way for you and your company to get into the spotlight; your pitch will be professionally filmed, so you can capture your moment of glory forever! If you’re an exceptional sales person in the field and think it’s your time to shine, now’s your chance to test your skills live, and enter the Field Sales Executive of the Year category.
For more information get in touch with our team by emailing email@example.com or call 0207 955 3843 to speak to someone directly.
This category is open to all sales executives and home workers who generate the majority of their business out of the office at face to face meeting with clients. The judges will be looking for:
- Outstanding proven sales results
- Evidence of client understanding
- Evidence of strong negotiation skills
- Analysis and understanding of the market
- Clear definition of territories and territory plan
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES: 12th July 2013
Please note that there is a 250 word limit on each question unless otherwise stated:
1. Describe your role as a field sales executive, highlighting what function you serve in your business and the relevant reporting lines. Please include a reference to the area that you operate in and if you work in a field sales team, the number of people in the team.
2. Please outline the number of face-to-face meetings you have per week and demonstrate how you manage your workload. Please include the territories in which you work.
3. Describe how you analyse and understand the market in which you operate. Please demonstrate how you gain understanding of your client base and use that understanding to increase your sales.
4. How do you protect the security of your business against change, i.e. personnel changes, etc?
5. How do you control, manage, review, maintain or exceed customer service and standard levels?
6. How do your interact with other members of the team or the wider business to develop your skills and sell more effectively?
7. What contribution have you directly made to improve the sales process or increase sales within your organisation beyond your normal day-to-day sales activity?
8. Describe your financial performance over the last 12 months (please include financial results).
9. Please provide the following names and contact numbers:
a. Head of PR and Communications:
b. Head/Director of Sales (UK):
c. Head/Director of Marketing (UK):
RULES OF ENTRY
• Fully completed entry forms must be submitted by noon on the 12th July 2013.
• For nomination only categories, short-listing of finalists is at the discretion of the Chair of Judges.
• To ensure the highest possible score, entry forms for each award category should be completed in full, including only information that is relevant to the specific criteria to enable the judging panel to assess merit.
• The National Sales Awards reserves the right, after consultation with the entrant, to move submissions to a more appropriate category.
• Once a candidate has been announced as a finalist, it cannot withdraw from the competition.
• All information supplied by entrants will be treated in the strictest confidence, with all judges obliged to sign non-disclosure agreements.
• Information supplied to UBM Information Ltd may be used for publication (where you provide details for inclusion in our directories or catalogues and on our websites) and also to provide you with information about our products or services in the form of direct marketing activity by phone, fax or post. Information may also be made available to 3rd parties on a list lease or list rental basis for the purpose of direct marketing. If at any time you no longer wish to (i) receive anything from UBM Information Ltd or (ii) to have your data made available to 3rd parties, please write to the Data Protection Co-ordinator, UBM Information Ltd, National Sales Awards FREEPOST LON 15637, Tonbridge, TN9 1BR, Freephone 0800 279 0357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Entry does not grant an organisation rights to use the National Sales Awards name, logo, or images without the express written approval of the National Sales Awards and UBM Live. Only finalists and winners will be granted permission to use an Awards logo.
• Judges will consider each entry submission against the category criteria and their own discretion based on their relevant experience and expertise.
• The role of the Chair of Judges is to clarify the criteria, and to mediate in the event of a draw to determine a clear winner. The Chair of Judges does not have a casting vote.
• Judges’ decisions are final and binding; and no discussions or correspondence will be entered into relating to any of their decisions.
• UBM Information Ltd is not liable for any costs incurred by candidate organisations during the judging process.
• Any entrant who, in the opinion of the judges or the organisers, is perceived to have harassed or bribed any member of the panel or the National Sales Awards team will have their entry disqualified.
• The National Sales Awards reserves the right to withdraw an entry from the judging process at any time if the entry is deemed inappropriate for any reason.
• If it is found that any entrant has knowingly provided false information on their application for their entry, the National Sales Awards reserves the right to withdraw any award at any time submitted by that organisation.
• By entering or agreeing to participate in the National Sales Awards, all entrants agree to the above terms and conditions.